Our Residential Team is looking for experienced DSP'S to become House Managers! Come join our Residential Services Department in providing direct supervision of a residential home in Oneida County. In this role you will be responsible for the health and safety of the people we support also, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient physical and social operation of the residence and responsible for the development of positive relationships with staff, neighbors, local businesses and other service providers.
Oneida County- Barneveld, Clinton, Marcy, Rome, Utica
- Monitor each person's social, medical, and financial well-being and report all concerns to the Assistant Director. Oversee the arrangement of medical appointments with input from the RN.
- Direct supervision of staff including: facilitate and attend all site visits for prospective employee candidates, provide on-site orientation for all new hires as well as on-going training for all staff, approve time off requests, securing coverage to ensure adequate staffing plans at all times,
- Provide oversight and guidance to the people we support , with the completion of household tasks such as laundry, menu preparation, shopping, cooking, minor maintenance of the house and grounds with the goal of increasing independence.
- Administer medications and medical treatments as prescribed by a physician when necessary. Assure that each individual's dietary and nutritional plan is followed.
- Chairs weekly staff meeting to evaluate allowable and provided services, behavioral guidelines and medical issues relative to each individual. Review incident reports and recommendations made by committee. Works closely with nursing personnel to establish and maintain health services. Responsible for maintaining budgets as assigned i.e. household, grocery, petty cash.
- Is responsible for the individuals' files ensuring required documentation is within the file and up to date. Ensure back files are up to date and organized for the people we support as well as for the household files.
- Assures that evacuation and fire safety issues are addressed within the OPWDD guidelines including assessment of evacuation capability of individuals. Establishes a fire drill schedule, participates in drills and oversee the execution and follow up recommendations of all fire drills performed in the home.
- Associate's Degree in Human Services with one to two years of experience working with the developmentally disabled. (Or)
- HSD/GED and three to five years of experience working with the developmentally disabled.
- One year experience working as a manager in a residential setting or specialized training may be substituted for one year
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.