Our CollegeWorks Team is seeking an Instructor to provide Work-Life Skills to their students! In this position you will be responsible to provide students with academic instruction, training and supervision to the extent required by their LIFEPlan. Responsibilities include development and implementation of college-based classroom instructions for work life skill development for students enrolled in the CollegeWorks program at MVCC. This instruction, training and supervision will take place in whatever setting is deemed appropriate under the guidelines of the plan, which has been developed with the student.
Utica & Rome MVCC
- Provide college-based academic instruction in work life skills, community living and transitional employ-ability skills training.
- Develop curriculum for work life skills training in conjunction with the Director of CollegeWorks for students enrolled. Curriculum includes pre/post tests and vocational assessments.
- Create weekly work life skills lesson plans that will coordinate with individual treatment plans.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the student's day habilitation and pre-vocation plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Education or related and one year experience in human services or related field (Or)
- Associate's Degree in Human Services, Education or related and two to three years of experience in human services or related field (Or)
- High School Diploma or GED and five years of experience in the Human Services or related field.
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.