- Utica, NY, USA
- Full Time / Part Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
Our CollegeWorks Department is seeking the addition of a Resident Assistant to their team! In this role you will be accountable for the health and safety of the individuals in the supported apartments (Dorm Rooms) and for maintaining the physical and social operation of the supported apartments.
- Assist the individuals by providing oversight, guidance and training in the completion of daily living tasks.
- Assist in household tasks such as laundry and housecleaning.
- Assist in menu planning, preparation and cooking, ensuring that the individual's dietary and nutritional needs are followed. Shopping with the goal of increasing independence.
- Medical and dental appointments with oversight by the IRA RN. Includes completing health care records, act as liaison with medical professional and administer medications as required.
- Assist with Financial management, budgeting, banking and shopping.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. One year documented experience working with people with disabilities.
- Any work experience as a college RA beneficial
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.