Our CollegeWorks Team is looking to add a Career Instructor to their team! In this role you will work with individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities in a college based program to provide vocational career instruction for students enrolled within the CollegeWorks Program at Mohawk Valley Community College, based in Rome and Utica, NY. Instruction may involve a combination of different teaching methods to accommodate the diverse learning styles of students.
- Develops individualized training as needed.
- Teaches skill sets and monitors progress to evaluate the student's knowledge and performance.
- Assists the individual to work effectively with his/her ACCES-VR (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation) Counselor so that career goals can be achieved.
- Develops a Career Plan for each individual in accordance with the individual's goals and interests.
- Designs lesson plans that will motivate and interest students.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of education, human services, or related field and plus one year of work experience in a vocational education role (Or)
- Associate's degree with two years' experience in a vocational education role ( Or)
- High School Diploma with five years' experience in a vocational education role
- Valid NYS Driver's license and must have a working vehicle and agree to transport individuals, as needed to work-sites.
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.