- Scranton, PA, USA
- 16.50-16.50 per hour
- Part Time
Under the supervision of the Community Home Supervisor, the position is responsible for assisting residential consumers in becoming fully included in the community; enhancing their self image and skills development; and maximizing their independence in life.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- One year of experience working directly with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum age of 18 is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to work in a drug-free workplace setting is required.
- A criminal background check is required.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
- RECOGNIZE that each individual served is to be afforded dignity, respect, and self- determination, as well as the right to be fully included in his/her community with supports where necessary.
- ASSIST in implementing Person-Centered/ Individual Service Plans, including outcomes, prescriptive techniques, medical needs, etc. RECORD individual progress. PROVIDE input pertaining to the development and/or revision of the Individual Service Plans.
- ATTEND to the daily needs (medications administration, personal hygiene, meal preparation, personal attention, etc.) of individuals.
- PROVIDE a safe and adequate home-like environment for individuals. PERFORM domestic duties including light housekeeping, laundry, supply and grocery shopping, etc.
- ASSIST individuals in identifying personal interests and establishing community connections with supports where necessary.
- IMPLEMENT consumer behavior support plans.
- ENABLE consumers to experience a variety of meaningful leisure activities in inclusive community programs. Allow individuals to participate in activities of his/her choice.
- PROVIDE transportation to community activities, job , volunteer, or program option, medical appointments, and places of individual choice.
- ABIDE by agency vehicle policies.
- ASSIST the Residential Supervisor in obtaining supplies.
- REPORT any "Unusual Incidents" immediately to the Residential Supervisor and/or Program Specialist.
- COMPLETE necessary reports.
- MAINTAIN communications with families and advocates of residential consumers.
- ATTEND and PARTICIPATE in program staff meetings and/or required in/out-service training.
- PROVIDE first aid and/or necessary medical interventions in emergency situations.
- COOPERATE with supervisor in providing supervision and direction to students, trainees, and volunteers.
- WORK overtime in assigned home or any other Arc home when given reasonable notice by Supervisor or Program Specialist
Individual must be able to meet established physical requirements of job (ie., lifting various weights, providing ambulatory assistance, performing restraintive techniques, performing any necessary CPR/First Aid, etc.)
The Arc of Northeastern PA https://thearcnepa.applicantpro.com