The Arc Lexington is looking for a Master Carpenter to join our Maintenance team. The Master Carpenter will work side by side with the Director, Assistant Director, project manager, technicians, property managers, and other inter-department personnel; construction design engineers, architects, and builders to maintain and sometimes supervise all phases of construction projects from start to end. Will be responsible to calculate materials necessary, estimate cost of such materials, and provide construction timeframes for planned work.
This is a 40 hour work week position, with flexibility of assigned hours necessary to accommodate the Residential and Day Program functions with limited interruption.
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
- Effectively communicates with management and staff on progress for all assigned projects; notifies management immediately of any development or circumstances adversely affecting the scheduled completion of any job in a timely fashion.
- Normal maintenance projects and scheduling work will be completed through Lexington's Work order system and ensuring work is not performed without a valid job order except in case of emergency, safety issue, or as directed.
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, and ceilings using materials such as wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Supervises and ensures collection and removal of all waste keeping job sites safe and clean.
- Constructs special jobs, fixtures or equipment for production job orders or other projects according to specifications.
- Maintains training requirements for all maintenance activities, safety, hazardous waste, etc. as required.
- Plays a key role in purchasing, locating sources and identifying items needed for maintenance or other projects.
- Routinely meets with key representatives of facilities and sites where we provide service to address concerns and evaluate service provided.
7-years of construction background with experience in the following: Concrete flatwork; framing, insulation, sheetrock and taping, painting, exterior siding, doors and windows, trims (both exterior and exterior) required. Basic plumbing and HVAC knowledge. Must possess complete knowledge of construction procedures, methods, practices, materials, equipment, tools, precautions, and utilities. Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans, and other specifications. Strong knowledge of job site safety. Understanding of suppliers, resources, and vendors with knowledge of product costs and their applications. Knowledge of building codes, design, inspection procedures, site control, scheduling, and safety is desired. Must possess a valid New York State drivers' license with a safe driving record. Must supply their own tools necessary to perform all duties.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.