Discover the Rewards of a Career in Community Based Direct Support
Direct Support Staff provide services and supports to children and adults with developmental disabilities in one of the most rewarding jobs there is! The ability to make a difference in someone's life is an extraordinary opportunity. Direct Support Staff provide guidance, direction and care as they assist individuals with disabilities in becoming more independent so they can fully become part of their communities. A High School diploma or GED is preferred.
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
We provide paid training, including the support and mentoring needed to ensure your success in your new career. We offer a robust benefits package which includes:
Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance. A very generous PTO plan along with a 401(k) plan that includes a company match. FREE telemedicine for all employees and family members. AND MORE!
*** This position may qualify for up to $3000 of the Healthcare Bonus Award! ***
Community Support Staff work various shifts, center based or in a community setting, assisting children and adults with:
- Providing Community Habilitation and/or Respite Services to individuals either in home, in the community or at an approved alternative site, in one-on-one or group settings
- Assistance thru teachings or modeling techniques to improve the self-help skills that are needed to ensure personal independence and productivity within their community
- Participation in the social life of a community
- Inspire others to obtain volunteer goals and accomplishments
- Being a role model to assist individuals achieve goals in wellness
- Participation in afterschool and school break activities with children
- Recreational activities, experiences and skill acquisitions for all ages
In addition you will be responsible for accurately completing and submitting all required Agency Records, Departmental Records, Case Notes and/or Service Delivery records in a timely and organized fashion.
A High School diploma or GED is preferred. Must have a valid NYS Driver's License.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.