- Gloversville, NY, USA
- Full Time
Health, vision and dental insurance. A very generous PTO plan along with a 401(k) plan that includes a company match. FREE telemedicine for all employees and family members. AND MORE!
The Arc Lexington seeks a dynamic and influential Division Director of Human Resources who will be responsible for the strategic and collaborative leadership of the Department of Human Resources in ways that support our mission and values. This position reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the senior leadership team.
The Division Director of Human Resources will be responsible for the strategic development and administration of the human resources department including but not limited to: employee recruitment and retention, benefits, employee relations, policy development and implementation, staff training and development, DEI initiatives, and safety.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that Human Resources is a center of excellence in all matters related to employee engagement. This includes motivation, development, leadership, and performance management. The DD of HR will provide pragmatic, legally sound, best-practice counsel, and where necessary, ongoing support, coaching, and guidance to leadership.
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership team on strategic plan initiatives as it relates to the overall Agency initiatives and specifically, the Human Resources function.
- Develop and implement sound human resource operating policies and procedures that provide a high level of service to the Agency while ensuring compliance with applicable federal and New York State laws and regulations.
- Evaluate departmental procedures to streamline and/or automate processes, improve customer service, reduce paper flow, and improve human resources data management; and implement improvements as required.
- Develop and manage innovative and effective recruitment strategies.
- Develop ways to maximize employee retention through a comprehensive program that includes new employee orientation, training, engagement, assistance programs, professional development, and recognition.
- Use data to support informed decision-making as it relates to workforce planning, compensation, benefits, training, and safety goals.
- Manages employee relations matters in accordance with Agency values and culture.
- Supervise and lead a staff of 15 or more and their respective functional areas.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible HR leadership experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Work with and across all levels of the organization, including the capability to diplomatically influence senior leadership team members, and to establish and maintain a highly ethical reputation.
- Communicate effectively, through written and verbal communication, with all levels within the Agency.
- Experience in planning, developing, and implementing effective HR strategies
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
This position does not include a relocation package.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.