The Arc Lexington is currently seeking an Incident Investigator. The Incident Investigator Investigates allegations and incidents under the categories of (but not limited to) abuse/neglect, significant incidents, and notable occurrences in compliance with agency policies and OPWDD regulations. As assigned works on high-level projects to ensure compliance and to enhance delivery service. This is a Full Time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt position, M-F.
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits along with the opportunity to work in a team-oriented environment. If you are looking for a career that matters, this is it!
- Follow all investigative procedures developed in this agency to conduct a comprehensive and objective investigation. Travel to various sites including the scene of the incident, take photographs of the secured scene and the area/objects involved.
- Interview all potential witnesses including include staff and service recipients (including community members when necessary) involved in the incident and obtain written, signed, and dated statements from staff. Retain all records taken during the interview with staff.
- As necessary, secure any records or evidence that might be pertinent to the investigation.
- As necessary, consult with clinical, management or medical staff who may be familiar with the person we support.
- A Bachelor's Degree with one year experience working with people who have intellectual developmental disabilities; or an Associate's Degree with three years' experience working with people who have intellectual developmental disabilities; or a High School Diploma with five years' experience working with people who have intellectual developmental disabilities required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience conducting investigations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, while being detail oriented, and having the ability to work collaboratively with others required.
- Successful completion of OPWDD and Justice Center Incident Investigation training programs within first 90 days is required.
- Obtain SCIP-R and CPR certifications within first 90 days is required.
- Valid NYS driver's license with driving record acceptable to Agency standards is required.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.