- Protective Services
- Part Time
Thanksgiving Point Employee Membership
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning
Thanksgiving Point Security team members are within the Security Department. They must respond to security incidents and manage medical situations within legal parameters. Conduct patrol rounds reporting all security/safety issues. Respond to security matters at venues, coordinate monetary transfers, evaluate, and support and other department team members in the mission of transformative family learning at Thanksgiving Point. Additional tasks may include service of safety equipment, tools, and devices, as well as assistance and overwatch for staff in hazardous duties and other security operations as they are presented. Candidates will report to the Security Department Manager.
Qualifications for Thanksgiving Point Security staff:
- A valid Utah Driver's license
- A current BCI screening and MVR
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, follow and work under the chain of command.
- Ability to bend, push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to walk and stand for up to 8 hours without relief.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement correct clinical care in according to outlined Thanksgiving Point policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement while working in a stressful environment.
- A positive attitude and a pleasant demeanor
- A healthy work ethic and the ability to find and resolve unsafe or unsightly conditions without specific direction to do so.
- A pleasant demeanor and a heathy work ethic
This position is a part time position, typically 16 24 hours per week without benefits. Starting salary is $12 - $14 per hour depending on experience, work history and qualifications.