- $36,000 DOE
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, employer/employee split, LTD, PTO, paid holidays, Thanksgiving Point Membership
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Thanksgiving Point is looking for a Manager of Signature Experiences. Thanksgiving Point prides itself on providing first-class experiences for our guests. Thanksgiving Point provides over 50 Signature Experiences per year.
- Collaborate with Director of Signature Experiences and other managers to plan, design, and create Signature Experiences.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Plan the experience from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Ability to see the "big picture" and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Work with all the different departments across all the Thanksgiving Point property.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Understand the Thanksgiving Point mission statement.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Significant work experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Positive attitude.
- Willing to learn from mistakes.
- Expect the unexpected and work under pressure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to have fun amongst all the chaos!