- Guest Experience
- $45.000 D.O.E
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, employer/employee split, LTD, PTO, paid holidays, Thanksgiving Point Membership
The Guest Services Manager will oversee the visitor experience in Butterfly Biosphere and gift shop. She/he is responsible for directing personnel and resources to ensure guests have a remarkable museum experience. She/he is responsible for responding to any guest concerns and coordinating and communicating new initiatives and programs related to guest experience. Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong, and cohesive team. Endeavors to create a positive and welcoming environment where team members can develop and grow. Oversees all activity while maintaining the highest standards in innovative guest services, cost control, budgeting, cleanliness, safety, and organization.
Embraces, models and helps team fulfill Thanksgiving Point's "Welcoming All" initiatives and works to deliver our mission of "cultivating transformative family learning" for all visitors.
The Butterfly Biosphere at Thanksgiving Point's Water Tower Plaza is an experience unlike anything in the state of Utah! This 40,000 square foot venue is home to over a thousand butterflies from around the globe. In addition to dozens of species of butterflies, it also has 20 species of tarantulas, beetles as big as your fist, and many more creepy crawly friends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the Thanksgiving Point mission, values, vision, and commitment to the visitor experience, and community engagement.
- Responsible for hiring, training and developing team members.
- Follows systems and standards, including scripts that reinforce the Institute goals while achieving sales goals, membership goals, and business development.
- Participates in a culture of ongoing learning, collaboration, innovation, and creativity both within and across all departments.
- Provides oversight of all visitor-experience related activities and programs.
- Participate in and help drive institutional planning that touches on all aspects of visitor welcome and wayfinding, customer service, and sales.
- Works to understand and implement industry "best practices" to stay current and deliver the best possible experience.
- Responsible for creating a positive and motivating work environment.
- Assists team in day-to-day operations. Ensures that team members have the necessary tools to be successful.
- Works closely with retail/gift shop manager to ensure gift shop is organized, shelves are stocked, and team members are engaged in the sales process.
- Schedules, attends, and participates in Thanksgiving Point and staff meetings as required.
- Monitors employee morale and oversees the timely reviews and for all team members.
- Practices safe and responsible business operations as well as maintaining clean and orderly work areas.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Develop an operating budget for the Guest Services Department at Butterfly Biosphere.
- Monitors daily sales, labor, reports. Takes corrective action as necessary to help achieve budgeted goals.
- Participates in monthly P&L meetings, detailing and reviewing financial performance of the department.
- Assemble and analyze relevant admissions data, and prepares and delivers weekly, monthly, and other reports as requested as related to venue admissions and sales.
- Develop and maintain budgets in alignment with goals and efficiency targets.
- Oversees the budget and purchasing of all purchases of supplies and all other operational expenses.
- Manages invoicing, purchasing, inventories and works with the accounting team to ensure and accurate coding and data.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience with admissions or front-end management in high volume multi-unit resort, museum or equivalent.
- Experience with hiring, training, and coaching and mentoring employees.
- Prior experience with high volume, fast-paced operations.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, financial analysis, communication, team building and problem-solving skills.
- Front-of-house museum, retail, or related guest services management experience.
- Knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), P.O.S., ticketing, online sales software a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling, pushing/pulling, reaching above the shoulders, and lifting to 25lbs. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and/or evenings.