- Guest Experience
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, employer/employee split, LTD, PTO paid holidays, Thanksgiving Point Membership
The Ashton Garden Venue Manager is responsible to manage the day-to-day operations of the venue. Responsibilities include, admission desk, gift shop, and special programs in adherence to budget guidelines, to increase revenues and profits, to ensure remarkable guest service, and to provide a clean and safe environment.
Ashton Gardens is an interactive family museum located at Thanksgiving Point, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Lehi, Utah. The Ashton Gardens features 50-acres of stately gardens, grand lawns, as well as the largest manmade waterfall in the Western Hemisphere. The gardens feature 15 themed gardens including the I Am The Light Of The World sculpture garden.
- Responsible to oversee the day-to-day operations of the venue admissions to ensure remarkable guest services, clean and orderly environment, and promotion of other services, venues, and products at Thanksgiving Point.
- Responsible to hire, train, evaluate, motivate, manage, and schedule appropriate staff and to maintain proper labor costs in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible to constantly improve team member's ability to "GET" our guests.
- Responsible to work in tandem with facilitation/programming staff to ensure lines of communication are open and effective with an aim to recognize common goals for guest experience.
- Responsible to ensure the growth of Thanksgiving Point's Membership program, keeping team members focused on making guests aware of the benefits of membership.
- Responsible to handle and resolve guest complaints in a positive manner to ensure remarkable guest services.
- Responsible to assist in Marketing by writing special articles on the Museum for the company's Gazette and/or other marketing collateral as requested.
- Participate in the strategic planning for venue success.
- Responsible for Tulip Festival and Luminaria, two of Thanksgiving Point's largest seasonal events.
Required Education, Skills, Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 Years Experience in a management position, managing, training, and motivating staff
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have completed (will complete) "Guest Experience Training" and "Managing Guest Experience Training" and demonstrated excellent guest service skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated independent decision-making skills as well as ability to work effectively as a team member
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work rotating hours and days and evenings during the week including Saturdays
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
Preferred Education & Experience
Degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Youth Leadership,
Previous museum experience