- Part Time
Thanksgiving Point Employee Membership
The Programming Support Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of the Programming Department Reception Desk, answering the phones, selling programs registrations, and providing program information to participants.
- Must be pleasant at all times especially when under pressure to keep up with the demands of many calls coming in
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests by phone, email and in person
- Must stay current on all Thanksgiving Point programs, including summer camp, after-school programs, home-school programs, birthday parties, early childhood programs, workshops and classes, etc
- Must be able to be an expert on the point of sale software used at Thanksgiving Point
- Ability to sell classes, day camps, programs and anything else that is needed over the phone
- Maintain and refine systems, procedures and protocols to efficiently meet L & E Department and guests' needs
- Maintain relationships with staff while communicating and collaborating across venues and departments
- Collaborate with L & E team to understand and support programming and scheduling needs
- Facilitate communication between guests, staff, L & E coordinators, managers, guest services, marketing, events, etc
- Must be detail oriented and organized in a manner that will aid in being able to return calls and resolve any necessary issues
- Assist with the scheduling of school outreach and field trips
- Track participation numbers for all Learning and Engagement programs
- Maintain spreadsheets, documents and hard-files for scheduling, registering guests, maintaining educator support, reporting, updating accounts
- Generate data reports
- Work inter and intra departmentally to organize and coordinate necessary logistics for the successful and efficient delivery of programs
- Evaluate visitor experiences using appropriate tools and methodologies
- Accept all guests and co-workers as they are and welcome them without expectation or judgment
- Other duties consistent with the general nature and focus of the position and/or the goals and objectives of the department may be assigned.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Organized, efficient, and a creative problem-solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, and a team mindset
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative workplace, and to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work patiently in high-activity, high-energy, noisy environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with program participants, parents, other team members and visitors
- Computer and typing proficiency
- Strong competency with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must pass a background check.
This is mostly a Monday Friday position, with shifts scheduled between 8:30 and 5:00. Must be rigorously on time. May be required to occasionally stay later as well as work some holidays and Saturdays. Hours may vary slightly depending on the volume on phone traffic especially when large programs are close.