- Full Time
Medical, Dental, employer/employee split, LTD, PTO, paid holidays, Thanksgiving Point Membership
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden, and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Help keep our busy fabrication shop clean, organized, and up to date. Monitor and maintain existing exhibits. Use your current skills to work on challenging projects while at the same time learning new skills to apply in the future.
- Clean and maintain shop, equipment, and supplies
- Assist fabricators with fabrication and maintenance
- Assist with the unloading, unpacking, installation, dismantling of traveling exhibitions
- Maintain a safe working environment Other duties as assigned
- Strong interest in making things
- Desire and ability to acquire new skills as needed
- Computer and electronic controller (Arduino) systems aptitude, a plus.
- Follow instructions balanced with creative problem solving.
- Ability to work independently within a team setting
- Strong organizational skills, ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to regularly lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs; climb ladders; work in constrained spaces, etc.
- Familiarity with basic tools and shop equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer and electronic controller (Arduino) systems aptitude.
- Coding experience, a plus
Shift Hours and Days Required: 40 hours per week
Expectations for all Employees: All employees will support the organization's mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: Trust: Demonstrate belief in others Fun: Enjoy life Respect: Genuinely value everyone Openness: Provide access to people and information Growth: Improve continuously Service: Give of yourself Follow all company policies (Attendance, No Tobacco Products on Campus, Illegal Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Appearance, Personal Electronic Devices, Vacation & Personal Time, etc.)