- Garden Maintenance
- $12.00 to $14.00 DOE
- 30-39 hours
Medical only. Thanksgiving Point membership
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Work under the irrigation Supervisor to ensure:
- Irrigation heads are working properly and providing necessary coverage. Make necessary adjustments
- Repairs are made to broken pipes, valves, and heads
- Adjustments are made to irrigation time
- Tracing wires
- Installing new sections of irrigation
- Other gardening jobs may be assign such as raking, planting, or pruning
Must be hard working, able to work in all types of weather conditions, did and work in mud and tight quarters, be able to understand and carry out directions, and work without direct supervision. Be familiar with running sprinkler clocks and troubleshooting valves. Able to fix irrigation systems by repairing pipes, identifying problems with valves, adjusting heads, tracing wires, able to lift 50 lbs.
This position goes from March to October with the possibility of more work through the winter months. Shifts are Monday Friday 7:00am 3:30pm moving to 6:00am -2:30pm during the summer months, may be occasional Saturdays. Closed Sundays