- Life Enrichment
- Naples, FL, USA
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits, 401k w/company match and paid vacation.
This position is M-F
The successful candidate is Creative, motivated and enjoys working with Montessori programming.
Terracina Grand is an award-winning, Mediterranean-inspired Assisted Living Community, located on the Terracina Grand Senior Living campus. Residents enjoy spacious apartments, fine dining, elegant common spaces and fitness activities. Apply today to join our dedicated team of talented Nursing team, in this idyllic setting!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the overall operation of the Life Enrichment Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Life Enrichment Director, to assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet the needs interest and abilities of residents.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Life Enrichment Functions
- Assist with developing, implementing, facilitating, and evaluating the Life Enrichment programs.
- Show awareness of department policies and procedures. Be able to communicate best practices to staff, residents and families.
- Coordinate activities with other departments.
- Organize and facilitate resident outings into the community as determined by their interests and abilities.
- Provide necessary adaptations (creative or supplies) to meet individual resident needs.
- Plan and participate in special events.
- Assist with publishing a monthly calendar and facility newsletter.
- Recommend supplies and materials needed to support Life Enrichment programs.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies. Assist with reviewing and developing a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
- Review and resolve departmental complaints and grievances and communicate to the Life Enrichment Director of action(s) taken as appropriate.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the Life Enrichment department.
- Use creative problem solving to address resident needs.
- Participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service and orientation training classes.
- Partner with the Life Enrichment Director to recruit, train, organize and supervise volunteers.
Safety and Sanitation
- Ensure that department work areas are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
- Assist the Infection Control Coordinator in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job related activity functions to ensure that tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
Care Plan and Assessment Functions
- Complete activity assessments.
- As required, document resident participation in activities.
- As required, participate in care conferences and discharge planning.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and follow instructions.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility.
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent or 5 years experience in public relations in a health care setting. Prefer degrees in Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology, or Recreation Management.