TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
In this role, you will provide support to a team of developers, testers, and product owners in the development of Microsoft Office 365 applications including SharePoint Online and PowerApps. You will help facilitate Agile Scrum development including UAT, Backlog grooming, and Scrum Ceremonies like Daily Standups and Sprint Reviews.
You will collaborate with the client to understand the structure, policies, and operation of the business. You will conduct needs assessments and preliminary analyses to assist in aligning business initiatives with technology solutions. Working closely with end-users, you will analyze, define, model, and document project requirements to be communicated to other team members.
US citizenship or Green Card and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance is required for this position.
- Support the development of Microsoft Office 365 applications, including SharePoint Online and PowerApps
- Work with an Agile Scrum team to design and develop a range of applications
- Facilitate and lead requirements-gathering sessions with business stakeholders, and document requirements as user stories with acceptance criteria
- Coordinate with developers and testers to ensure solutions are developed to meet customer requirements
- Design and estimate system implementation timelines
- Create user experience/design artifacts based on gathered requirements
- Conduct quality assurance (QA) testing on solutions
- Lead demonstrations of developed solution functions to stakeholders
- Facilitate Agile Scrum ceremonies as needed: Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, and Sprint Reviews
- A minimum of 5 years of Business Analysis experience, specifically supporting software applications that includes:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications, including SharePoint Online and/or Power Platform
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as a member of an Agile/Scrum team
- Experience developing User Stories with acceptance criteria
- Experience in product backlog development and management
- Ability to act as a liaison between testers, developers, clients, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Ability to lead and facilitate customer requirements-gathering sessions, demonstrations, and user acceptance testing
- Attention to detail and clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience producing mockups of technical solutions to reflect stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and comfort in collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Experience working with iterative systems development lifecycle and documentation
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a customer service-oriented personality
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the basic principles of system analysis and quality assurance
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Experience with relevant CMMI Level 2 & 3 processes (Requirements Development and Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Technical Solution)
- Bachelor's degree is strongly desired however 4 years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a "Top Workplace" for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.
[Internal title/grade: Business Analyst, Grade 6]