- Aledo, TX, USA
- Full Time
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, managing, evaluating, and budgeting for purchasing activities, purchasing policies and strategies, including the identification of opportunities for operational improvements.
Essential job functions include:
- Develop detailed policies and procedures relating to the purchasing and contracting processes
- Oversee the warehouse relationship with Tri-County's alliance partner(s) and keep CFO informed of all relevant matters related to materials and procurement
- Order necessary goods and services and finalize details of orders and deliveries.
- Approve purchase orders and maintain purchase order records.
- Review terms and conditions of contracts and other agreements and negotiate with vendors as appropriate to secure terms that are advantageous to the company in terms of both quality and cost.
- Work with vendors to ensure performance goals are met; deliverables are received in time, and address other issues as needed.
- Review invoices to ensure compliance with relevant terms and conditions and to ensure that proper processing and quantities were invoices. Compose correspondence to vendors.
- Prepare, review, and release Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in support of procurements. Evaluate proposals and negotiate terms and conditions, awards, and administer resulting awards. Assist with quarterly and semi-annual corporate reporting.
- Work closely with budget, accounting, and internal project coordinators to resolve financial and other issues related to contracting activity.
- Develop, track and manage the proposal, bidding, and negotiation process while adhering to applicable legal standards and codes of ethical conduct.
- Ensure all purchasing controls and separation of duties are being followed & report discrepancies to CFO and/or CEO.
- Perform risk management analysis regarding procurement/supply contracts and agreements. Establish supplier evaluation criteria and methods of analysis.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to staff across the organization relative to procurement activities.
- As responsibilities & headcount of the department grow, provide guidance and assistance to Purchasing Coordinators/Assistants/Specialists as needed.
- Candidates are required to have at minimum, a bachelor's degree in Business or a related field plus 6 years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Prior utility experience is preferred.
- Membership in a nationally recognized procurement/purchasing association, certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of supply chain, applicable laws and regulations with skill in negotiation, persuasion, active listening and learning, critical thinking, analytical thinking, judgement and decision making, management of material resources, project management and time management.
- Broad knowledge of contract/purchasing procedures in a centralized environment.
- Skill in reviewing and analyzing terms and conditions of contractual instruments.
- Ability to identify liability, risk and propose solutions.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a wide range of people at all levels of an organization.
- Advanced skill using Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Skill in preparing and giving presentations to internal audiences and external vendors.
- Strong commitment to continuous learning and employee engagement and inclusion.
- Extensive level of attention to detail required.
- Heavy lifting or moving of materials: Infrequently Up to 10 pounds
- Operates Equipment: Rarely
- Operates Office Machines: Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Awkward Position (stooping, bending etc.): Occasionally
- Climbing Maximum: Rarely - 10 feet maximum height.
- Eye-hand Coordination: Occasionally
- Location: Indoor 90% of time, Outdoor 10%
- Work Conditions: Occasional weekends as necessary.
Tri-County Electric Cooperative https://tcectexas.applicantpro.com