- Aledo, TX, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for designing, developing, preparing, and maintaining financial and economic models and performing analysis to support corporate financing and capital requirement decisions, and related financial considerations affecting corporate operations. Responsibilities include providing analytical services and support to the corporation, the individual departments and customers of these services external to the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning and Controls:
- Within the corporate bylaws, policies, procedures, generally accepted accounting practices and the uniform system of accounts, has the authority to request all information required to complete assignments within established time constraints.
- Inform the CFO/VP of Finance of policies or practices that are not being adhered to as they relate to accounting, finance, or the security of corporate assets.
- Audit and correct any information that may affect the accuracy of indebtedness or investments, and their subsidiary records.
- Seek new methods for the improvement of existing processes, creating efficiencies, and providing value-added services for the company.
- Assists in reviewing the functions and activities for the Finance and Accounting Department and recommends to the CFO/VP of Finance any changes in the department's structure necessary to meet departmental objectives.
- Maintains an accurate position description and recommends appropriate changes to the CFO/VP of Finance.
- Participates in the training process for department personnel
- Participates in the support team efforts and high morale of the fellow employees of the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Coordinates and manages the activities associated with the overall timing content and presentation of the organization's financial plan to include the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows. Prepares materials at the consolidated corporate level.
- Prepares and reviews monthly variance reports to include explanations of variances for current month actual to budget, year to date actual to budget, month over month actuals and year over year actuals.
- Monitors budget versus actual capital expenditures, coordinates with department managers/supervisors on matters concerning such expenditures and prepares quarterly capital purchases report.
- Gathers financial and economic data, prepares analysis, and makes recommendations to support capital additional and dept issuance decisions.
- Performs sensitivity analysis, prepares reports, and assist the CFO/VP of Finance with developing recommendations and the preparation of materials for management decision making and for implementation of corporate financial policies.
- Prepares and updates long and short-term financial forecasts, to include the ten-year financial forecast, compare projections with actual performance, and analyze variances.
- Functions as they representative of the Finance and Accounting Department with its customers in the analysis of financial and economic data and evaluation of capital addition and operational expenditure decisions.
- Prepares financial analysis and presentation materials for the company management, rating agencies, underwriters, lenders, and investors.
- Assists in preparation of applications for capital plant financing and prepares and maintains the related records pertaining to all corporate loans.
- Assembles information and documents required for loan application packages for financing of construction work plans. Prepares such packages in final format for submission to potential lenders.
- Prepares annual financing plans for approval and submission to the Board Budget Committee and financing summaries and reports of action relating to debt financing as required.
- Performs analysis of owner equity and calculations for the annual allocation of patronage capital.
- Designs, develops, tests, and maintains financial modeling systems, to include various debt structures and alternative accounting treatments for the evaluation of capital expenditure and funding alternatives.
- Assists organization personnel in preparing and reviewing financially related matters to include capital budget items, lease/buy analysis, and costing analysis.
- Provides analytical support and handle day-to-day financial relationships required by department and organization staff relating to matters such as outsourcing, cost benefits and allocations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education Requirements
- A four-year degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, required.
- A Master of Business Administration degree, or Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant professional certification, desired.
- Five (5) years, or more, of related work experience in financial planning and/or analysis, accounting, budgeting, or banking in the private sector, or at least three (3) years' experience in public accounting with a major firm required.
- Work experience with a corporation in a capital-intensive industry desired.
- Supervisory experienced preferred.
- Job Knowledge:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of analytical and forecasting techniques pertaining to financial applications, and of conducting intensive cost-benefit analyses.
- Must have a good knowledge of cash flow analysis and of budgeting processes.
- Must have thorough knowledge of personal computers and advanced financial computer applications.
- Must possess basic computer skills, to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point as required by job responsibilities.
- Abilities and Skills:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with high degree of mathematical accuracy.
- Must be innovative and willing to investigate new efficiencies and potential sources of revenue.
- Must be willing to take ownership of and manage the processes within his/her area of responsibility, and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and must project a good image.
- Must be able to perform under pressure to meet specific deadlines and must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must possess strong skills in the use of computers in the design of financial modeling systems and analysis.
- Reports to CFO/VP of Finance: To review corporate finances and department policies and activities; inform him/her of new developments; to obtain information, guidance, and interpretation of policies; to obtain necessary approval.
- General Staff: To give, request or share information necessary to carry-out responsibilities of his/her position description or aid in successful achievement of company goals and objectives.
- Owners: To maintain courteous and cooperative relationships which create goodwill.
- Lending Institutions: (e.g. Cooperative Finance Corporation, CoBank): To maintain ongoing working relationships with lending institutes providing financing to the company in matters relating to corporate debt.
- Auditors: To maintain a relationship necessary to ensure external review of all financial records for their accuracy.
- Civic and Community Affairs: To participate to maintain contacts, to be aware of community needs and to assist in carrying out the corporate citizenship role of the company.
(Scale: Rarely = Less than 5%, Occasionally = 5% - 25%, Frequently = More than 25%)
- Heavy lifting or moving of materials: N/A (Up to 10 pounds or less)
- Operates Equipment: Rarely
- Operates Office Machines: Frequently - PCs, copy, fax machines, mail sorter, 10-key, telephone
- Standing: Rarely
- Walking: Occasionally
- Awkward Position (stooping, bending, etc.): Rarely
- Climbing Maximum: N/A
- Eye-hand Coordination: Rarely
- Location: Indoor 98% of time, Outdoor 2% of time
Working Conditions: Usual office conditions. Generally regular hours with some additional hours required as necessary. Daily schedule of work will vary. Occasional travel is required for educational purposes, which may include overnight trips.