- Aledo, TX, USA
- Full Time
Cybersecurity Analysts participate in identifying, evaluating, implementing and monitoring appropriate security mitigation to provide assurance in the security of Cooperative cyber infrastructure and information.
Essential Job Functions
- Installing, implementing, administering, monitoring, and maintaining security architecture technology processes and solutions including security information and event management (SIEM), anti-malware, intrusion detection, public key management, certificate management, physical security management, and identity & password management solutions.
- Monitors security-events from servers, firewalls and intrusion detection sensors (IDS) for potential security breaches or violations of policy.
- Assists in the identification, handling and resolution of cyber security incidents; manages and maintains cyber security tools.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying, and defending against threats, and initiate mitigation responses.
- Performs change management and configuration activities, security controls testing, system baseline activities, vulnerability testing and analysis, and network traffic analysis to ensure system reliability and security.
- Maintains hardware and software systems related to electronic physical access control and monitoring systems.
- Utilize risk management principles from established frameworks (NIST/CIS) to help improve cybersecurity performance and reduce risk across the Cooperative.
- Performing activities needed to achieve and demonstrate regulatory compliance with security standards such as PCI and NERC CIP.
- Assists in the development, implementation and review of security plans, policies and procedures.
- Assists in risk assessments and implementing mitigation plans for Cooperative cyber systems.
- Monitors security bulletins for vulnerabilities applicable to Cooperative information systems, makes mitigation recommendations to systems owners and tracks progress in applying mitigation.
- Assists in presenting end-user IT security training and awareness programs on security policies and guidelines.
- Keeping abreast of the latest security issues and briefing management of emerging threats including both general threats and those specifically targeting the electric sector and industrial control systems.
- Assist in the development and testing of disaster recovery plans with the Infrastructure and Enterprise teams.
- Work within budget for company projects and provide regular status updates to IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Assist IT Infrastructure Manager in planning and providing Disaster Recovery procedures for network systems.
- Assist IT Infrastructure Manager in planning and budgeting for future needs of the Cybersecurity infrastructure.
- Complete all assigned work in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner.
- All other duties as assigned by IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity or a related IT field or equivalent experience/training
- Information Security certifications may include, but not be limited to Security+, ACSE, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, GCIH, and CEH.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience including professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop IT security standards and procedures
- Knowledge of national and international regulatory compliances and frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI, and NERC CIP
- Essential Skills
- Must be able to fluently read and speak the English language.
- Must be able to cognitively understand, analyze, and interpret general mathematic properties (Ex: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide).
- Must have basic skills in the Microsoft Office products to produce quality documents in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Must be able to work in high stress environments.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage workload, seeking IT Infrastructure Manager assistance as necessary.
- Must be able to respond to urgent issues quickly, and other issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Must be able to research for solutions to technical problems.
- Must be able to present accurate information to members and co-workers.
- Must be able to functionally operate a computer terminal, utilizing monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
- Must be able to enter minimum 150 characters per minute on standard 10-key.
- Must maintain strong written skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling).
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other employees within the same office setting.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must abide by all corporate standards, policies, by-laws, and regulations.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Ability to handle stressful, and/or emergency situations, in a calm and organized manner.
- Must be very motivated and able to work in a team-oriented environment with assigned responsibilities and be able to complete all assigned goals and objectives in an accurate and timely manner while following up with members and/or fellow employees to insure high-quality service.
- IT Infrastructure Manager - Report to and carry out instructions.
- District Managers / Staff Members - Work with cooperatively in providing resources to their department as approved by IT Manager.
- Fellow employees - Work cooperatively in providing strong internal customer service and member services.
(Scale: Rarely = Less than 5%, Occasionally = 5% - 25%, Frequently = More than 25%)
- Heavy lifting or moving of materials: Occasionally - Up to 50 pounds.
- Operates Equipment: Frequently
- Operates Office Machines: Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Awkward Position (stooping, bending etc.): Frequently
- Climbing Maximum: Rarely - 10 feet maximum height
- Eye-hand Coordination: Frequently
- Location: Indoor 95% of time, Outdoor 5%
- Work Conditions: Occasional after-hours and weekends
Tri-County Electric Cooperative https://tcectexas.applicantpro.com