- Azle, TX, USA
- Full Time
In collaboration with the Line Superintendent/Assistant Line Superintendent, coordinates and directs the work of line crews engaged in the installation and maintenance of underground and overhead distribution lines, street lighting system and performs other related work as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists ensuring good working conditions, and provides the opportunity for maximum creativeness, personal satisfaction, and sense of accomplishment for the Operations Department personnel.
- Assists in maintaining the existing distribution system to provide adequate and dependable service to the members and to construct new electrical power lines in an efficient manner according to an approved construction schedule.
- Assists in directing personnel as assigned, including planning, scheduling, organizing, and directing work, training personnel, and recommending applicants for employment or discipline.
- Works as a member of a team dedicated to bringing adequate and dependable electric service to the members of the cooperative.
- Assists with the direction of contract personnel under the direction of the Operations Department, when assigned.
- Reviews contractor invoices as the first approval for construction and maintenance labor.
- Maintains accurate job records of scheduled, in-progress, and completed work.
- Maintains a positive work environment and exhibits cooperative behavior.
- Monitors safety, the quality of work and job performance of the line crews.
- Reviews construction drawings and coordinates related work and materials, including as-built drawings and material true-up.
- Establishes project work schedules and provides project status reports.
- Monitors jobs to ensure quality, and proper compliance with applicable codes and job standards.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to perform work functions.
- Remains constantly on the lookout for hazardous and unsafe conditions on the system needing repair or maintenance.
- Understands safe switching procedures, organizes crews, and supervises the performance of switching necessary for outage or construction purposes.
- Handles consumer complaints as required or directed, maintaining good member-owner relations.
- Participates in various projects, as required.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience.
- Ability to perform all primary line construction and maintenance on overhead and underground infrastructure.
- Ability to install, maintain, remove, and troubleshoot multi-phase overhead and underground transformers.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to install, maintain, remove, and troubleshoot reclosers, voltage regulators, and capacitors.
- Valid Class A CDL and DOT medical card, pole top, bucket truck, and vault rescues, forklift certification, CPR and AED training, and Smith Driving training.
- Holds or will acquire and retain Tri-County Journeyman Card within 90-days from hire date.
Abilities and Skills
- Communication Skills
- Effectively communicating with the general public and maintaining good member-owner relations. Communicating complex instructions clearly and precisely, especially during outage restorations, switching, and troubleshooting, and answering questions related to such instructions. Solving conflicts among team members. Maintaining accurate records. Networking within Tri-County.
- Advanced Leadership Skills
- Performing as a team leader, leading by example, and fairly training apprentices and linemen. Contributing to and helping to form team goals and working well with others. Working beyond routine assignments while demonstrating credibility and competence. Holding self and others to highest ethical standards. Understanding company priorities related to work and organizing work as necessary to contribute to those goals.
- Analytical Skills
- Using initiative to increase job knowledge and technical skills. Understanding the workflow. Applying technical knowledge and skills to resolve complex problems associated with essential job functions. Managing multiple tasks simultaneously. Applying decision-making skills and good judgement to make decisions within established policies and procedures. Using tools and test equipment to perform advanced troubleshooting.
- Vocational Skills
- Operating and maintaining bucket trucks, digger derricks, and other equipment including but not limited to mini-excavators, forklifts, tractors, pole trailers, wire pullers, winches, wire tensioners, backyard machines, hydraulic pole jacks, trenchers, chain saws, and power tools. Climbing poles to perform essential job functions. Operating and maintaining tools used in line construction, maintenance, and power restoration.
- Computer Skills
- Using and understanding work process software on an iPad to navigate our map and fill out forms. Using a computer to perform all job functions including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, digital mapping platform, project management software, form, and workflow application, etc.
- Reports to: Line Superintendent(s) and Assistant Line Superintendent(s)
(Scale: Rarely = Less than 5%, Occasionally = 5% - 25%, Frequently = More than 25%)
- Heavy lifting or moving of materials (Loading and unloading material on to trucks): Frequently - Up to 80 pounds
- Operates Equipment (Bucket trucks, digger derricks, and other equipment including but not limited to mini-excavators, forklifts, trenchers, and power tools): Frequently
- Operates Office Machines (iPad, computer, printer/scanner): Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Awkward Position (stooping, bending etc.): Frequently
- Climbing: Frequently
- Eye-hand Coordination: Frequently
- Location: Indoor 5% of time, Outdoor 95% of time
- Work Conditions: Nights, weekends, holidays, 24-7-365, inclement weather (storms, snow, extreme heat and/or cold), traveling for schools/training.
Tri-County Electric Cooperative https://tcectexas.applicantpro.com