- Los Angeles, CA, USA
TCA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and paid time off. We also offer bonus opportunities and a flexible schedule with half days on Friday.
ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN Los Angeles
Founded in 1993, TCA Architects specializes in the planning and design of next generation, high density multifamily housing, retail, mixed-use and signature hospitality developments taking pride in shaping quality environments for everyone. The firm's collaborative approach and industry leading technological expertise have resulted in award-winning, sustainable projects that respect our communities and the environment. With studios in Irvine, Los Angeles and Oakland, TCA has been recognized for their industry leading expertise in master planning and design for a variety of multifamily, hospitality and mixed-use projects. With more than 20,000 residences currently in development, TCA Architects is one of California's fastest growing architectural firms.
A TCA Job Captain is responsible for design development, construction document preparation and team coordination on multifamily and mixed-use projects. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Revit, the use of building materials and related construction techniques and general construction types.
- Minimum 4 years architectural experience with 2 years of experience in multi-family projects required
- Minimum of 4 years Revit experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of construction administration experience preferred
- Working knowledge of building construction types l, lll and V
- Strong understanding of IBC, CBC and disabled access requirement
- Good understanding of consultant drawings and systems
- Hand sketch details prior to producing Revit drawings
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture required
- California licensed Architect or on track to become licensed preferred
- The Job Captain will be working in our Downtown Los Angeles Office. We offer a hybrid schedule of up to 2 days working from home and 3 days in the office.
About TCA Los Angeles:
TCA's Downtown Los Angeles studio is within walking distance to numerous acclaimed restaurants, a burgeoning retail scene, the Fashion District, Staples Center, the Convention Center and Nokia's LA Live. Lead by TCA Principal Eric Olsen, the staff enjoys its role as part of the vibrant urban environment. For those that live outside downtown, the studio has convenient access to wide variety of public transportation such as the Metro system just blocks from the front door, as well as nearby Amtrak and Metrolink stations. And, with the boom of residential housing in the area, many of the team members have chosen to live and work and play right in the heart of Downtown LA!
TCA offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and paid time off. We also offer bonus opportunities and the opportunity to work a flexible schedule with half days on Friday.
As part of our commitment to our staff's professional development, TCA provides a full library of IDP materials to train and expose young professionals to various areas of architecture and become more well-rounded Architects as they prepare for licensure. TCA also reimburses for successfully completed IDP tests, as well as CA licensing fees.
TCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. TCA is following all Cal/OSHA regulations regarding COVID-19 policies.