- West Allis, WI, USA
- Base + Tips
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, paid vacation
Like Food? You're our kind of people. Join #TeamTallGuy today.
Tall Guy and a Grill is a farm-to-fork catering company serving the Milwaukee area with the inspired flavors and compassionate hospitality of Wisconsin.
What sets us apart? Glad you asked.
We make delicious food.
Yeah we do! We are culinary-inspired, cooking up creative twists on classic dishes and new tastes to highlight local flavors.
We love local.
We love serving local, fresh ingredients not only because they taste better, but it supports our community of local businesses and farmers...and it's the right thing to do.
We give a damn about the environment:
We source over 50% of our products from Wisconsin supporting our local ecosystem. We have a compost program through Compost Crusaders, use all earth-friendly disposable products, and are the only certified Green Caterer in Wisconsin.
If this sounds like something you can get behind, read on my friend.
Catering Prep Cook
Full-Time (40 hrs/week)
West Allis + Milwaukee, WI
Tall Guy & a Grill has partnered with Two Birds Event Group (owners of Milwaukee Airwaves, The Ivy House, and Filament) on a new venue-The Starling-located in the Third Ward on the Milwaukee Riverwalk. This position will split time between The Starling pop-up events and Tall Guy and a Grill catering events. Be a part of Milwaukee's newest wedding and event venue!
What we expect from you in this position:
- Follow kitchen procedures and processes to maintain order and discipline in the kitchen (Tall Guy & a Grill located in West Allis + The Starling located in Milwaukee) on a daily basis.
- Ability to take lead kitchen role at smaller off-premise catering events after proper training.
- Prepare menu items according to our recipe book and presentation guidelines, with consistent high quality.
- Maintain quality control of all food items leaving the kitchen. This includes ensuring proper presentation and packing of all dish components for full-service, pick-up, and carry-out orders.
- Ensure all food items in cooler and freezer are labeled and dated.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen and surrounding areas in accordance with health department standards. Follow the daily and weekly cleaning lists as produced by the Sous Chef.
- Accurately report outages of products that need re-ordering to Executive Chef.
- Comply with proper food safety and daily cleaning practices.
- Assist with other duties as necessary or assigned to ensure company, team, and event success.
- Most importantly, we expect you to show up for yourself, your team, and our clients.
What you can expect from us as part of #TeamTallGuy:
- $15-$17/hour plus tips averaging $3,000-$4,000/year (in addition to hourly pay)
- Benefits package includes health care insurance, dental & vision, life insurance, and short-term disability insurance;insurance starts the first day of employment
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Complimentary meals during shifts
- Additional gratuity paid on holiday weekends
- Employee discounts on Tall Guy & a Grill catering services
- Discount on all pizza from Flour Girl & Flame West Allis location
- Discount on all ice cream from Everyone's Ice Cream West Allis location
- Ability to grow into an Event Lead and Sous Chef role
- To be treated with respect
The ideal candidate for this role will have 2 or more years of experience working in a professional kitchen setting, with preferred work experience in catering and events. The ability to work with a team in the kitchen and at off-site catering events is essential. Knowledge of common culinary terms, techniques, and ingredients is preferred. This position is full-time and requires working nights and weekends. This position reports to the Chef de Cuisine.
Essential Job Duties:
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Use industrial cleaning chemicals
- Grip objects and tools (including wet or slippery items); utilize fine motor skills
- Lift up to 25 lbs
We're looking for the right candidate to start immediately, because...why wait! Still not sure? We'll show you the receipts:
- Top 10 Wedding Caterers in Milwaukee, WI (2021)
- The Knot Best of Weddings (2021, 2022)
- Top 5 wedding caterer by Milwaukee A List
- 2019 Future 50 Company (recognized for growth in revenue and employment)
- The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Milwaukee (2019, 2020, 2021)
If this isn't you, help us spread the word!