- West Allis, WI, USA
- Part Time
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance, PTO, and holiday pay.
Like Food? You're our kind of people. Join #TeamTallGuy today.
Tall Guy and a Grill is a farm-to-fork catering company serving the Milwaukee area with the inspired flavors and compassionate hospitality of Wisconsin.
What sets us apart? Glad you asked.
We make delicious food.
Yeah we do! We are culinary-inspired, cooking up creative twists on classic dishes and new tastes to highlight local flavors.
We love local.
We love serving local, fresh ingredients not only because they taste better, but it supports our community of local businesses and farmers...and it's the right thing to do.
We give a damn about the environment:
We source over 50% of our products from Wisconsin supporting our local ecosystem. We have a compost program through Compost Crusaders, use all earth-friendly disposable products, and are the only certified Green Caterer in Wisconsin.
If this sounds like something you can get behind, read on my friend.
Part-Time (10-20 hrs/week)
West Allis, WI
What we expect from you in this position:
- Assist the Event Lead with all event execution for full-service events and weddings.
- Provide hands-on support at off-site catering events, including set-up and take-down.
- Provide guest service including filling glasses, serving or clearing plates, refilling and monitoring food stations, buffets.
- Answer questions and respond to client and guest needs.
- Keep the venue space and equipment clean and tidy.
- Help with expediting food.
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages if needed.
- Maintain high-quality standards as it pertains to client service, food presentation, safety, and health standards.
- Assist with other duties as necessary or assigned to ensure company, team, and event success.
- Most importantly, we expect you to show up for yourself, your team, and our clients.
What you can expect from us as part of #TeamTallGuy:
- $15/hour to start plus tips averaging $3,000-$4,000/year (in addition to base salary)
- Complimentary meals during shifts
- Additional gratuity paid on holiday weekends
- Employee discounts on Tall Guy & a Grill catering services
- Discount on all pizza from Flour Girl & Flame West Allis location
- To be treated with respect
The right candidate for this role will have 1 or more years of experience working in the catering and events industry. The ability to work with a team at off-site catering events is essential. This position is part-time and requires working nights and weekends, mainly at off-site catering events in the Greater Milwaukee area. This position reports to the Event Lead.
Essential Job Duties:
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable Transportation to and from work
- Use industrial cleaning chemicals
- Grip objects and tools (including wet or slippery items); utilize fine motor skills
- Lift up to 25 lbs
We're looking for the right candidate to start immediately, because...why wait! Still not sure? We'll show you the receipts:
- Top 10 Wedding Caterers in Milwaukee, WI (2021)
- The Knot Best of Weddings (2021, 2022)
- Top 5 wedding caterer by Milwaukee A-List
- 2019 Future 50 Company (recognized for growth in revenue and employment)
- The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Milwaukee (2019, 2020, 2021)
If this isn't you, help us spread the word!