- Danville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account) • Life Insurance • Short-Term Disability (STD) • Long-Term Disability (LTD) • 401k • Paid Time Off (PTO) • Tuition Reimbursement • Employee Assistance Program • Bereavement Leave • Credit Union Membership Available • Print Shop Discount • Referral Bonus • Work center Incentive
Sycamore Services is seeking an Development Therapist
Performs Developmental therapy evaluations for infants and toddlers referred to the First Steps program, including testing/measuring cognitive, adaptive, social/emotional, motor and communication development. Maintains detailed records, analyzes client data, and prepares assessment report with appropriate treatment plans as required.
Serves as member of multi-disciplinary team, develops or assists in developing and implementing the Individualized Family Service Plans, including establishing individualized outcomes for program participants, observing/evaluating effects of therapy, and recommending adjustments in treatment to maximize benefits. Conducts direct individual therapy sessions with toddlers/infants, including instructing, motivating and assisting in performing various sensory motor activities.
Operates a motor vehicle for various functions, such as visiting client homes, attending conferences, performing assessments and consultation, and conducting therapy sessions.
Attends and/or conducts in-service training programs and provides consultation to agency personnel as needed. Performs related duties as assigned, ensuring the best interests of agency and clients.
Up to $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Must be enrolled or be able to be enrolled in the First Steps System with the
following qualifications: Baccalaureate and/or Masters and/or Doctorate degree in special
education, elementary education, early childhood education, child development or a related
field with a special education teaching license. Certified Child Life Specialists and
Registered Nurses may also provide developmental therapy at the specialist level. Must have
credentials at the specialist level within two years of enrollment and complete Continual
Professional Development annually.
- Must have knowledge of the six areas of development.
- Experience working with developmentally-delayed/at-risk children. Thorough knowledge of
and ability to make practical application of theories and methods in testing and evaluating the
six areas of development.
- Working knowledge of Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) guidelines, with the ability
to develop and implement appropriate goals and objectives to address individual fine motor
and self-help needs.
- Minimum of two years experience working with early childhood programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to attend and conduct in-service training programs and provide consultation to agency
- Ability to follow all personnel policies and rules of the agency, and maintain confidentially
of records and information as required
- Must have dependable transportation and valid Indiana driver's license
- Ability to work non-standard flexible schedule
- Provide activities that are designed to enhance the child's development in one or more
developmental domain including cognitive, adaptive, social/emotional, motor and
- Exercises independent judgment in testing and analyzing developmental skills and
developing appropriate goals and objectives for the individual clients
- Ability to work independently, following practices of the profession and standard
department policies and procedures. Unusual situations and problems are discussed with
the supervisor. Work is periodically reviewed for attainment of objectives and adherence
- Address the planned interaction of personnel, materials, time, and space that leads to
meeting the Outcomes in the IFSP
- Incorporate parent/caregiver involvement in order to encourage follow-through and
integration of the developmental skills in all aspects of the child's daily life
- Design learning environments and activities that promote a child's skill development in a
variety of development areas
- Provide services in the natural setting of the eligible child and family. This may include
one-to-one child interventions, group activities, family training and support, or
consultation/training services to programs and services where the child and /or family
- Ability to work in classrooms, client homes and in a standard office environment
involving pushing/pulling objects, handling/grasping, fingering objects, crawling,
crouching/kneeing, reaching, bending at waist and lifting/carrying infants/toddlers
occasionally weighing more than 50 pounds. May be occasionally exposed to unsanitary
conditions and communicable diseases
- Maintain effective contact with the service coordinator/case worker serving the
child/family. Provide the service coordinator necessary information to better assist the
Training and Support
- Provide family training and education to assist the family in understanding the special
needs of the child
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child's
- Provide support and consultation to community child care staff when the location for
delivering developmental therapy to the child is in a community child care setting.
- Submit billing within appropriate time frames
- Ensure the quantity and types of services provided are documented by IFSP meetings and
are reflected in the IFSP
- Complete progress notes, regular evaluations and quarterly reports to be submitted to
families, Service Coordinator and SPOE
- Maintain all confidential files according to First Steps and Sycamore Services
- Children's Services Team Perform other duties as needed
- Attends all agency in-services as required.
- Bending, Standing, Sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Able to perform minimal office upkeep tasks
- Part time
Sycamore Services is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Sycamore Services prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Sycamore Services and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
with our quick 3 minute Application!