- Danville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account) • Life Insurance • Short-Term Disability (STD) • Long-Term Disability (LTD) • 401k • Paid Time Off (PTO) • Tuition Reimbursement • Employee Assistance Program • Bereavement Leave • Credit Union Membership Available • Print Shop Discount • Referral Bonus • Work center Incentive
Sycamore Services, Inc. is seeking a CTRS to help develop and work in our new facility-based program for individuals with developmental disabilities. As a member of our team, you will provide group and one-on-one recreational therapy sessions for adults and children with developmental disabilities based on the APIE process. You will assist in developing all aspects of the program including, but not limited to, environmental set up design, assessment development and program planning.
You are a good candidate for this position if you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree or higher with a major in Therapeutic Recreation or a major in recreation or leisure with an option in Therapeutic Recreation; or Bachelor's degree or higher in any major with a minimum of five years full-time paid work experience in Therapeutic Recreation services; or Bachelor's degree or higher in any major with a minimum of one year of full-time paid work experience in Therapeutic Recreation services under the supervision of a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Are Certified as a CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist)
- Have knowledge of and experience with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Have a desire to truly impact the daily lives of families and individuals with ID/DD.
- Are professional and possess the education, therapeutic skills and client-focus to promote high quality outcomes for the individuals served.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others.
- Knowledgeable in the development of Individual Service Plans. Must demonstrate sound understanding of Community Integration, and the ability to work effectively within human service systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work non-standard/flexible schedule.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to drive a small transit bus that holds up to 14 passengers.
- Works in collaboration with other members of the IST, designs and implements a recreational intervention plan which is tailored to each individual and his/her daily activities.
- Utilizing the APIE standards, the Therapist will consider input from other IST members as well as the individual served, conduct a standardized assessment and develop a therapeutic program targeted towards each individual's needs and identified goals.
- The Therapist will provide treatment services and recreation activities for individuals using a variety of techniques in an effort to improve and maintain the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of their clients so that they can enjoy greater independence.
- Techniques can include arts and crafts, sports, games, dance and movement, drama, music, and community outings. The Therapist will document the consumer's progress during activities. Therapists will uphold and promote the agency's mission statement.
- Bending, Standing, Sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Able to perform minimal office upkeep tasks
- Independent Contractor
Sycamore Services is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Sycamore Services prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Sycamore Services and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
with our quick 3 minute Application!