- Martinsville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Sycamore Services is looking for Direct Support Professional and make a difference in other's lives and your own by providing training in daily living skills and promoting community involvement for people with disabilities.
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) assist others who need extra help in order to be self-sufficient. DSP's support the emotional, physical and personal well-being of individuals with disabilities at their homes or their neighborhoods and communities. Their role is to enhance the ability of consumers to lead self-determining lives by providing the support and information necessary to build self-esteem, assertiveness and to make decisions. This is done through the use of effective communication strategies and skills to establish collaborative relationships with consumers.
Individuals have different types of needs from physical support to assistance in daily living. DSP's provide supports based on the unique needs of individual consumers and recognize the importance of friends, family and community relationships.
Up to $1000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
- 18 Years of age or older
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation
- Completion of required training/education/certification
Preferred Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with persons with disabilities in the community preferred
- Ability to work flexible/non-standard hours
- Ability to keep accurate documentation
- Knowledge of community and community activities preferred
- Bending, Standing, Sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
Sycamore Services is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Sycamore Services prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Sycamore Services and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.