- New York, NY, USA
- 60000-60000 per year
- Full Time
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative Duties :
● Maintain lab operating hours including evenings and weekends.
● Open and close lab facilities.
● Assist with and oversee special events, projects, presentations, artist in residency (AiR), exhibitions, and workshops.
● Maintain, update, and support social media accounts.
● Manage calendar system for appointments and reservations.
Technical Duties :
● Perform maintenance and keep lab facilities, equipment, and workstations in working order.
● Maintain a safe environment by keeping workspaces clean, approving materials used within the lab, and overseeing
the proper use of lab equipment.
● Supervise graduate students, artists in residence, staff, and faculty on lab policies, safety procedures, and the proper
and safe usage of fabrication equipment, and shop tools.
● Introduce students to the software and hardware necessary to operate tools and equipment.
● Operate lab tools including CNC (Computer Numerical Control) devices, 3D printers, 3D scanners, VR equipment, laser
cutters, vinyl printer/cutters, sewing and embroidery machines, table saw, band saw, vertical mill, lathe, acrylic bender,
and soldering tools.
● Help out with general and miscellaneous tasks around the lab when needed.
● Bachelor's degree required in art, design, or technology-based fields.
● Preferred experience with 2D & 3D CAD and CAM software.
● Preferred experience with new media/technology tools including virtual reality equipment.
● Preferred experience with 3D modeling, computer animation, and digital rendering.
● Preferred experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere, AfterEffects, and Photoshop, and Illustrator.
● Portfolio demonstrating an ability to create working, complex, and diversified projects.
● Ability to learn new technology and workflows in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to interact with all levels of administrative staff, faculty, students, visitors, and prospective students.
● Task Oriented.
● Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently, troubleshoot technical issues, and
maintain focus while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Safety Minded.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College's 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position click here .
please send a cover letter and resume. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal-opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.