- New York, NY, USA
- 38220-40000 per year
- Full Time
Job Title: Receptionist
Department: Student Affairs
Reports To: Associate Director of Student Affairs
Position Overview: First point of contact for multiple offices and phone lines. Provide general information to students, staff and visitors. Responsible for general office upkeep and supply inventory. Manage staff calendars and space reservations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist all visitors of the Student Affairs (Residence Life, Student Engagement and Leadership, Student Health & Counseling, Disability Resources) and International Student Office.
- Provide general information to staff, students and their families.
- Oversee and train student staff during office hours.
- Answer multiple phone lines and retrieve voicemail messages.
- Assist with housing tours.
- Perform general administrative duties such as emailing, photocopying and filing.
- Maintain professional appearance of office and waiting area.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Sort and distribute payroll and mail.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to manage phone and in-person inquiries in a professional, patient and friendly manner.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including professional and student staff.
- Proficiency with Mac/PC computers, Microsoft office and database systems.
- Interest in the field of higher education and student services.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply please click on the link:here
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal-opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.