- New York, NY, USA
- 38.47 Salary Commensurate with experience
- Part Time
Full benefits after 30 days of employment
JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: BFA Photography and Video
REPORTS TO: Senior System Administrator, Director of Operations
Hours: Part-Time, 21-28 hours per week (includes daytime and weekends)
WORK SCHEDULE: Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting with the daily operations, implementation, maintenance, and continuous operation of all technology-related issues for the BFA Photography and Video Department. They will assist to maintain the functionality of all hardware and software, between client systems, digital camera systems, video and audio systems, scanners, and printers. Expertise in the video is required to support video facilities, projects, and curriculum. They will be expected to maintain an active, engaged, and helpful presence in the Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as tech support under the Senior Systems Admins and act as the first point of contact for walk-ins to the Digital Office
- Provide audio, video, digital photography software and hardware technical support for students, faculty and staff, in addition to classroom technology management and troubleshooting
- Coordinate with Sr. Systems Administrators to analyze and evaluate lab usage and provide equipment purchase and policy recommendations.
- Coordinate with Department staff to analyze and evaluate lab usage and policy recommendations
- Provide software and hardware technical support and training for students, faculty, and staff
- Assist with installation, support, and maintenance of all software, hardware, and peripherals of printers, scanners, projectors, audio and video equipment
- Provide weekly project update reports and clear communications and collaboration with management and co-workers
- Provide support with end of the year student submissions and exhibition requirements
- Maintaining audio and video facilities and color management system for student and faculty use
- Enforce policies and procedures for computer lab facilities
- Provide support departmental support with special projects, including audio, video, social media content and large-format printing and event documentation
- Train work-study students on proper lab usage and procedures
- Maintain a professional and supportive and proactive relationship with students, faculty and staff
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's' degree or equivalent professional training
- Minimum 2 years' experience preferred
- Proficient with troubleshooting technical issues with computers, video equipment, printers and scanners
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OSX operating system
- Able to troubleshoot under pressure
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe products including Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Experience with audio, video, digital photography and digital printing
- Working knowledge of Final Cut, Premiere and After Effects
- Excellent communication, time-management, organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply please click here .
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.