- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Eligible for benefits 30 days from the date of hire.
JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: SVA BFA Animation
REPORTS TO: Technology Manager and Director of Operations
SVA BFA Animation is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator who will be responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripherals. The Sr. Systems Administrator will also lead a team of Systems Administrators and lab assistants, providing support for all departmental needs, including events and daily operations. .
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for hands-on configuration, administration, and technical support of hardware, software, labs and peripherals
- Automate tasks through scripting for improvement and streamlining existing processes
- Proactively respond to server and network incidents, to mitigate issues, ensure uninterrupted software access, and data protection
- Provide support for major hardware/software upgrades with no disruptions to daily operations
- Ensure consistent daily tech operations, create and enforce safety policies/procedures for the BFA Animation facilities
- Work with the Technology Manager to research, test, and evaluate new future forward technologies, including render farm, department server, and others
- Assist in planning the annual technology budget for the department
- Communicate with off-site hardware/software Tech Support Teams, and coordinate off-site equipment repairs when needed
- Mentor and supervise a team of Systems Administrators and lab assistants
- Manage and oversee updates to the department website and the online computer lab reservations system, in addition to the general upkeep of the overall departmental access permissions
- Oversee hands-on tech-related workshops and information sessions when needed
- Create, store, and maintain instructional materials for BFA Animation students, faculty and staff
- Act as a collaborator and go-between for the tech team and admin team, and be able to prioritize tasks and timelines to the needs of the department including evolving curriculum based needs, as well as events, and other special programs
- Oversee regular video editing projects, including animation reels, department screenings, and other video assets.
- Provide and train tech team to offer audio/video assistance, as well as tech and sound check support for in-person and online or live-streamed events within the department
- Manage the coordination of post-mortem notes on improvements for tech protocols during events and public programming
- Assist in the equipment rental program and maintain an ongoing log of inventory, repairs, and other hardware needs for the facilities
- Oversee all BFA Animation facilities, including the digital computer, stop-motion, and sound labs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the BFA Animation department
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years in system administration or related field
- Expert knowledge of Mac OS systems
- Server management fundamentals including installation, RAID setup, storage management, and monitoring
- Knowledge of JAMF or equivalent device management system, scripting and automating tasks
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of render farms
- Knowledge of audio/video production pipeline
- Knowledge and curiosity of technology trends and industry standard practices
- Ability to identify issues, be proactive in driving solutions and execute assigned projects on time
- Must be a team player with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with 2D animation software and workflows is a plus
- Familiarity with 3D printing is a plus
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva .
Please send a cover letter and resume. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.