- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Collections Representative
Department: Student Accounts
Reports To: Director and Associate Director
Position Overview: Support the Office of Student Accounts in its daily operations. Primarily responsible for all aspects of tuition collection to minimize bad debt exposure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and coordinating the collection process
- Assisting students with payment options
- Review files before sending to a collection agency
- Oversee internal and external collection process
- Facilitating collection agency communication
- Track progress and outcomes of agencies and initiatives
- Keep current on federal/state laws relating to consumer debt collection
- Enter weekly refund vouchers and ensure accurate posting.
- Run nightly reports, including but not limited to billing and payment plans.
- Run semester-end reporting to assure the accuracy of billing.
- Manage the schedule hold process, including outreach and correspondence.
- Manage daily uploads to Cashnet.
- Manage honors waivers and course adjustments for account accuracy.
- Assist with the Interruption of Studies process.
- Assist with the distribution, reporting, and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Assist with student/parent inquiries via email, phone and in person.
· Oversee yearly Graduation Clearance list, reporting necessary clearance as directed.
- Provide back-up for the daily cash update, as needed, during staff vacation.
- Assist Director and Associate Director on assigned special projects as needed.
- College degree preferred
- Strong mathematical and written skills. Must specifically have the ability to resolve disputes and inquiries in writing with polish and poise, as well as proper grammar and a good vocabulary
- Minimum of two years of Collection's experience required
- An understanding of procedures, policies and federal/state laws relating to consumer debt collection
- Prior Higher Education experience preferred
- Knowledge of Colleague preferred
- Familiarity with MS Excel/Word
- Strong organizational skills
- Poised, calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime and weekends as office needs dictate
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position click here
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.