- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Date: January 2022
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Reports To: Director of Operations
Position Overview: Responsible for managing and maintaining the editing facilities with complimentary technology for both class and lab use.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Manages the editing labs
- Ensure daily operation of SAN/NAS shared storage across the labs
- Delegate duties to both lab and teacher assistants
- Enforce lab procedures, policies and protocols
- Managing annual post production budget while advising production camera purchases
- Manage card access of 24/7 editing labs
- Creating short term and long goals for both post production facilities
- Propose capital projects for lab renovations for editing labs
Technical Support & Maintenance:
- General troubleshooting of systems and software.
- Daily maintenance and preparation of workstations to assure facility is fully operational for class and student use across labs. Includes individual preparation for specific class needs
- Direct communication with editing and sound faculty about questions and needs
- Maintaining NLE updates and Mac OS synchronization across editing labs
- Maintaining all computers workstations, software, microphones, foley room, pre-amps and equipment racks.
- Video technologies - maintain, improve and expand existing setups, including editing facilities and audio post-production
- Overseeing that editing labs shared storage systems are being utilized for class use and private student lockers
- Utilizing Deep Freeze & Apple Remote Desktop to maintain and control edit systems
- Represents the department for all promotional events
- Hire and train lab assistants
- Assist faculty and students at workstations
- Conduct workshops covering diverse aspects of lab use, from basic Mac UI intro to all areas of video post-production workflow
- Prepare documents to student body regarding thesis workflow and delivery
Archiving & Record Keeping:
- Document archiving; manuals; budget documents, etc.
- Maintain repair records and inventory of hardware/software (i.e. apple care)
- Monthly P-card statement filing and organization
- Annual lab report summary
- Create each semesters lab schedules and necessary memos
Research & Purchasing:
- Research, specify & recommend audio and video equipment and strategies for editing labs
- Serve as liaison with vendors and manufacturers
- Attend trade shows, such as NAB, seminars and (potentially) classes to develop understanding and awareness of important trends in equipment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Expert in Apple Hardware & MacOS
- Expert in Networking (Fiber and Ethernet)
- Experience with Open Directory & Active Directory
- JAMF experience preferred
- SAN/NAS experience preferred
- Experience with Imaging Systems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects), Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Pro Tools & Media Composer
- Expert knowledge post-production workflows (video codecs, compression, transcoding)
- Experience with deliverables for finishing a films for film festivals
- Excellent communication skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Self -motivated to address issues and come up with solutions
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position click here .
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.