JOB TITLE: Operations Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: SVA Galleries
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provides administrative support, primarily to the operations manager, but also as needed to the director and exhibitions manager.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm (Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm, in absence of Gallery Assistant)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports operations manager with exhibition information, databases, image files, budgets, etc.
- Assists exhibitions manager with exhibition design, student and departmental correspondence, preparation of digital assets for public display, and upkeep of exhibition documents
- Coordinates all programming for Galleries call for entries and select student group exhibitions
- Updates Galleries webpages and social media channels with the Gallery Assistant and Operations Manager
- Builds and maintains event pages for all Galleries-related exhibitions on the SVA website
- Generates artwork captions, exhibition checklists, wall labels, press materials, and other exhibition materials as required
- Coordinates photo documentation of student and invitational exhibitions
- Works with Operations Manager to coordinate exhibition catalog publications, mail processing forms, purchase requisitions, and check requests
- Liaises with Communication and academic departments regarding exhibition information, press releases, webpages, and general Galleries information
- Prepares Galleries mailings (digital and physical) and schedules announcements
- Supervises, trains, schedules and completes paperwork for student assistants
- Maintains exhibition equipment inventory in collaboration with Exhibitions team
- Responsible for purchasing supplies and maintaining storage areas
- Regularly inspects four SVA galleries to ensure professional appearance exhibitions
- In absence of Gallery Assistant, serves as a receptionist at the SVA Chelsea Gallery
- Ability to work some evenings as required
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years of prior administrative experience required
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Word and Photoshop; knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic photo editing; familiarity with Google Workspace and SketchUp preferred
- Knowledge of HTML and web-based CMS systems to create and edit online exhibition pages
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to prioritize
- Positive, professional demeanor and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and vigilance
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of art history and contemporary visual arts
- Ability to photograph exhibitions a plus
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1967383-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.