JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Admissions, Visitor Services
WORKING MODALITY: This position requires onsite (in-person) work exclusively.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide general office support and serve as the primary contact for prospective student and public inquiries in SVA's Welcome Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming calls from the public to Admissions.
- Monitor, respond and forward email inquiries, retrieve voice mail messages, and service live chats daily.
- Greet and assist all visitors and provide general information on new student application policies and procedures regarding Admissions and Special Programs.
- Distribute personalized SVA materials to the public as requested.
- Monitor and maintain office supply of catalogs and recruitment materials. Conduct weekly material inventory.
- Receive and input visitor information into Salesforce database.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail to appropriate staff.
- Assist with the delivery of daily in-person and virtual campus tours.
- Participate in undergraduate recruitment events as needed.
- Assist in the planning of on-campus recruitment events including campus tours, Open House, Portfolio Day, and Accepted Students Day.
- Ability and willingness to work 4 to 5 weekend events annually.
- Train student workers on front desk coverage.
- Support the onboarding and training of Student Ambassador Tour Guides.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Interest in the goals of higher education.
- Strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and busy phone activity in a professional, patient, and friendly manner.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Strong computer skills: experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Salesforce are helpful.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as office needs dictate.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1964463-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.