JOB TITLE: Coordinator of Student Engagement and Leadership
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Manager of Student Engagement and Leadership
POSITION OVERVIEW: Assists in the growth and management of a student-centered activities program that fosters engagement among students, leadership development, and academic achievement. The Coordinator will partner with other Student Affairs colleagues to promote a campus community which values actively engaging students socially, artistically, and interpersonally.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train and supervise the Student Affairs Student Assistant (SASA), responsible for supporting event planning efforts and other Student Engagement and Leadership initiatives.
- Directly supervise and advise student leaders involved in the student-run radio station(WSVA).
- Partner in the supervision and development of student leaders in the Visual Arts Student Association (VASA: SVA student government), the Student Senator program, and the student-run art publication, The Visual Opinion.
- Oversee and manage the student Club registration process through the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership. In collaboration with VASA Treasurer and student workers, coordinate related elements such as club leader training, club space reservations, club budget approvals and procurement of club purchases.
- Attend and supervise Student Engagement and Leadership and VASA-sponsored events, including off-campus and weekend events.
- Coordinate and carry out the SVA Student Leadership Series each academic year.
- Assist Manager with the coordination of the student government election process.
- Assist in the hire, supervision, training and evaluation of student workers including Orientation Leaders, Student Center staff, WSVA staff, and VASA staff.
- Partner in coordinating and staffing of all Student Affairs-sponsored events and programs including New Student Orientation, Accepted Students Day and Open Houses.
- Support the development and maintenance of community service opportunities for members of the SVA community, as planned by the Student Affairs Student Assistant.
- Serve as an active Student Affairs liaison to other administrative and academic units of the College working collaboratively to accomplish common goals.
- Manage and facilitate requisitions and payments for services rendered.
- Procure event space reservations, group rate tickets and other opportunities for student engagement, activities and entertainment.
- Manage, update and edit related media on the SVA website.
- Assist with the management of the Student Engagement and Leadership office and support Student Affairs administration with all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required. Master degree strongly preferred
- Two or more years of student life or related experience
- Student supervisory and development experience
- Interest and experience in student leadership and development
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and the willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Strong computer and web management skills
- Experience and/or interest in working with art students
- Experience with program design and implementation
- Experience and/or interest in advising student clubs/organizations and student government bodies
- Strong office management skills and the desire to work daily in a student-centered office.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1934337-318330.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.