JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: BFA Photography and Video
REPORTS TO: Digital Lab Manager
The Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting with the daily operations, implementation, maintenance, and continuous operation of all technology-related issues for the BFA Photography and Video Department. They will assist to maintain the functionality of all hardware and software, between client systems, digital camera systems, video and audio systems, scanners, and printers. Expertise in video is required to support video facilities, projects, and curriculum. They will be expected to maintain an active, engaged, and helpful presence in the Department.
Full-Time, 35 hours per week
The primary work schedule will be Sunday, 11:30am - 7:30pm, Monday - Thursday, 11am - 7pm. Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the second level of tech support under the Digital Lab Manager and Senior Systems Administrator and as the first point of contact for walk-ins to the Digital Office and Digital Labs
- Assist with installation, support, and maintenance of all software, hardware, and peripherals of printers, scanners, projectors, audio, and video equipment
- Provide software and hardware technical support and training for students, faculty, and staff
- Provide classroom technology management and troubleshooting
- Coordination with Department staff to analyze and evaluate lab usage and policy recommendations
- Provide weekly project update reports and attend weekly
- Clearly communicates and collaborates with management and co-workers
- Maintaining audio and video facilities and color management systems, and research new technologies as
- Enforce policies and procedures for computer lab facilities
- Provide Departmental support with special projects including still photography, audio, video, student submissions and exhibitions, large-format printing, and documentation
- Manage equipment repairs
- Train work-study students on proper lab usage and procedures
- Maintain professional, supportive, and proactive relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's' degree or equivalent professional training
- Digital photography, digital printing, audio and video experience a must
- Minimum of 2 years experience preferred
- Proficient with troubleshooting technical issues with computers, video equipment, audio equipment, printers, and scanners
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OSX operating system
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe products including Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere, After Effects, and
- Knowledge of FlexColor, Final Cut, FileMaker
- 3D modeling and AR/VR knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, customer service skills, prioritization and multitasking skills are required
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus (preference for Mandarin)
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1931136-318330
A cover letter and resume are required when applying. Submissions will not be reviewed or considered if a cover letter is not included.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.