- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits after 30 days of employment.
DEPARTMENT: BFA Fine Arts
REPORTS TO: Chair of BFA Fine Arts
In charge of all everyday operations related to departmental physical facilities and personnel of BFA Fine Arts: oversee all classrooms/labs/shops, supplies/materials/inventory/storage, and machines/equipment/tools in an efficient, safe, and functional manner while managing BFA Fine Arts staff members in their daily assistance of SVA students and instructors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the West 16th Street BFA Fine Arts building facilities including direct supervision of the Sculpture and Foundation facilities.
- Maintain a schedule of staff hours and supervise sculpture area staff.
- Supervise Operations Manager and student workers in 4th year studio maintenance and facilities-related needs. Submit timesheets for Operations student workers.
- Work with department Chair and staff to deal with student, staff, and faculty
- Provide assistance and advice to students and instructors in a cooperative
- Oversee all technical, safety, inventory, and storage resources for the
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of classroom furniture including chairs, tables, and easels.
- Assist in planning for future equipment and facility needs with staff and SVA
- Assure readiness and availability of required materials, tools, and facilities for BFA Fine Arts, Sculpture, Foundation, and Operations areas.
- Manage materials and equipment needs for department classrooms; collect vendor information and pricing quotes; place purchasing requisitions, and follow-up with vendors for maintenance and leases, and coordinate and accept deliveries with vendors.
- Liaison for department to SVA Facilities and Capital Projects for work orders concerning the West 16th Street building. Filing and coordinating work orders within the building.
- Assist with special projects and developmentental needs.
- Organize and manage departmental events -- Open Studios, Open House, Accepted Students' Day, student exhibitions, Visiting Artists talks, and off-site outreach (ie: NYABF).
- Manage packing, installation, and deinstallation of BFA Fine Arts exhibitions and Open Studios.
- Work with the Department Chair to complete annual performance reviews of sculpture staff, identify developmental and training needs, and address employee issues and concerns.
- Coordinate off-site workshops -- Foundry, Glass, Ceramic, and CNC
- Liaison to MFA Art Practice and CE Summer Residencies during the summer
- Master level degree or Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited institution.
- Experience with exhibition installation including packing artwork, mounting monitors and projectors, and suspending sculptures from the ceiling.
- Experience with managing facilities.
- Experience in all areas of sculpture and digital production and technical proficiency of 2-D and 3-D software programs preferred.
- Excellent leadership abilities, communication skills and the ability to
- Active role in sculpture and art communities
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply, please click here .
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.