JOB TITLE: Print Production Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Digital Imaging Center, Print Studio
REPORT TO: Head Manager
Work Schedule: Weekday evenings and Weekends up to 30 hours.
Total: 30 hours/week
We are looking for a well-versed individual in Mac print production to coordinate and support the Digital Imaging Center's (DIC) Riso MF9540, Epson 9000, Canon Imagepress, and KIP printers.
- Assist with the Riso workshops
- Provide assistance with basic graphic design as
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and parts needed for
- Complete all required paperwork, print requests, documents, etc. to keep job ticket information complete, accurate and
- Participate in training activities, committees, or other special assignments as
- Flexible schedule to work various situations with the possibility of overtime.
- Work well under pressure and interface with various departments throughout the
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the systems
- Build collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staﬀ.
- Working in a fast-paced production environment using Apple programs, job layout, basic graphic design, and a high level of customer interface and
- Knowledge of a wide variety of programs (both Mac & PC) used in graphics design and Skilled in use of desktop publishing, design layout, and form creation.
- Basic to intermediate experience using Adobe Master Suite, speciﬁcally Photoshop, InDesign, and
- Knowledge of internal workings of a printing facility and/or pressroom including pre-press work with graphic arts, direct to plate output, and operation of an RIP Station, pica pole,
e-scale, paper cutting, type elements, measurements, and PMS color system, ﬁlm, plate, and pressroom speciﬁcations.
- Knowledge of CYMK, RGB spectrum, and calibrating all printers throughout the
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and eager to learn new
- Comprehensive knowledge in: printing papers, printing inks, and other
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a print environment is a
- Art background is highly
- Have a strong customer service
- Strong organizational
- Experience working in a fast-paced
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to be
- Knowledge of paper types and weights (cover stock, vellum, etc).
- High school Relevant training (e.g., production courses) would be an advantage.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1876471-318331
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.