JOB TITLE: Cross-Platform Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation & Visual Effects
REPORTS TO: Senior Systems Director
The Cross Platform Systems Administrator provides administration and maintenance of servers, storage systems and desktops in a VFX/CGI teaching environment. This position is expected to have a strong outward-facing role, serving as a support specialist to the students and the broader BFA Computer Art community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with other Systems Administrators on the maintenance, installation and continuous operation of all software and hardware on both PC and Mac platforms
- Serve as tech lead on server maintenance and disaster recovery strategy
- Provide one-on-one support to students, faculty, and staff as needed
- Stay current on technology trends via online research and attending computer art and digital video related
- Work with the Senior Systems Director making recommendations on server and other hardware/software purchases and strategic planning and
- Interface with vendors and technical support for new system deployments and issue resolution as
- Maintain systems documentation on ticketing system and department wiki
- Attend weekly administration/systems staff meetings
- Maintain a good working relationship with SVA IT department for troubleshooting and to ensure security and privacy compliance
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Microsoft Windows, Mac OS for desktop and server
- Strong social and communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience with systems management tools such as Jamf for MacOS and equivalent Microsoft/Windows configuration and deployment solutions preferred
- Bash, Python and/or Powershell scripting skills preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe, Autodesk,and Foundry experience preferred
- Experience with high-performance storage and render systems and storage operating systems such as OmniOS, FreeNAS preferred
- Understanding of CG, VFX and render pipelines or experience in a similar role in an animation, film, post-production studio or experience in higher education preferred
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.