- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Shift Commander, Supervisor, Manager, Associate Director, and Director
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time 35 hours/week (40 hours/week minus 5 hours /week for meal breaks)
Must be available for two of the three shifts.
Shift: Only Shifts Available/ Shift flexibility and weekends required.
12 am to 8 am
4 pm to 12 am
POSITION OVERVIEW: To protect the students, staff, faculty, visitors, and property of SVA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow and carry out all instructions of the shift supervisors or other security management.
- Detect unusual circumstances and/or suspicious individuals
- Detect defective doors, windows, locks, lights, and fire safety equipment while making periodic checks of the entire building.
- Respond quickly to emergency calls, alarms, disturbances, and potentially hazardous conditions and/or activities.
- Deter unlawful entry onto the premises by undesirables and individuals with negative intentions.
- Deter smoking on the premises and the perpetration of unlawful acts against the College and its community such as vandalism, burglaries, assaults etc.
- Report to supervisors all activities or observances that would or could allow harm to the people or property of the school or interfere with the duties and responsibilities of an officer.
- Be presentable in a neat & clean uniform when stationed at a point of entry to a building/premises.
- Provide necessary information to visitors and affiliates of the College such as directions and location of facilities, at all times displaying an acceptable degree of respect, professionalism, courtesy, and tolerance
- Provide constant vigil on surveillance equipment (CCTV monitors) and alarms.
- Log in entries in the daily activity logbook every hour or upon the occurrence of irregular/abnormal situations/circumstances
- Gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Provides meal relief for one hour to other security officers as needed
Essential Job Functions:
- Walk and stand for extended periods while on duty
- Ability to patrol building, covering long-distance rapidly in case of emergency
- Climb stairs, conduct foot patrols, and able to lift up to 50lbs
- High School diploma or an equivalent education
- NYS Security Guard License
- 2+ years of security-related experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1725820-316656
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.