- 24-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- 15 per hour
- Part Time
Company management is, at the core, a customer service provider. Assistants work with the company managers to coordinate travel, transportation, housing and lodging, and many of the other day-to-day systems that support the well-being of the large seasonal company of the Utah Shakespeare Festival. This position also includes working on some nights and weekends.
Date of First Consideration: 03/10/2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with documentation and processes related to purchases, following SUU procurement and purchasing policies. Coordinate submission of travel and other reimbursements due to employees, following SUU processes. 10%
- Work with company manager and other company management assistants to cover the company management office and emergency cell phone. 20%
- Work with company manager on housing of seasonal company.
a. Assist with that housing set up, including utilities, internet, furnishings, cleaning, and stocking with household items. Assist with coordination of pet housing, collection of pet fee, and checking unit for cleanliness during residency.
b. Assist with the distribution of keys to the seasonal company (for housing and access to USF facilities). Assist with the collection and return of keys to local landlords, SUU Housing, and USF facilities.
c. Assist with the reporting and execution of housing maintenance and work orders with USF Facilities and local landlords.35%
- Assist employees who are injured and need medical care, including report of incident, transportation to medical care (in the case of non-emergencies), and transportation and general support for follow up care. 5%
- Maintain, update, and refer to company management handbooks to reflect current SUU and USF policies and procedures. 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate and organize social activities and gatherings to promote a sense of community among seasonal and other staff. 5%
- Oversee the distribution of seasonal staff mail and packages in coordination with SUU Mail Services and USF facilities. 5%
- Work with business department to improve hiring and other related processes. 5%
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills required.
- Must work well under pressure and deal calmly with emergencies of various kinds.
- Experience with computers, including Gmail, Word, Excel, and Airtable.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!