- 02-Nov-2022 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- 15 per hour +
- Part Time
The Tony-award winning UTAH SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL, a professional theatre company in residence at Southern Utah University, is accepting applications for Production Staff for the 2023 season. The Utah Shakespeare Festival produces a seven-show repertory season and three Greenshows across four venues in the summer/fall of each year. Position details below.
Contract dates vary by position. Most build contracts begin April/May and end June/July. Run contracts Begin in May/June and end September/October. Please check dates in specific job descriptions.
- Draper: Contracts May 2-July 4 or May 29 to July 22
- First Hand: Contracts May 2-July 4 or June 1 to July 22
- Technician: Contracts May 2-July 4 or June 1 to July 22
- Wardrobe: Contracts fall between May 29-October 11 or June 11-September 10 or July 4-October 8
- Assistant Costume Crafts Supervisor: Contract May 2-July 22
- Senior Crafts Technician: Contracts May 2-July 3 or May 29 to July 22
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draper: Oversees all construction of costumes for assigned show. Works in direct relationship with costume designer.
- First Hand: Works with the Draper to construct and supervise construction of costumes. Supervises costume technicians.
- Technician: Constructs all costume pieces assigned by First Hand.
- Wardrobe: Works on the run of assigned productions assisting in preparation and maintenance (laundry and repair) of costumes.
- Assistant Costume Crafts Supervisor: Assists with the operation of costume crafts including scheduling of fittings, attending fittings, helps interpret costume designer's sketches and ideas and assists with problems solving and engineering of costume crafts items.
- Senior Crafts Technician: Creates all accessory or special costume projects as designed by the costume designer (Shoes, Armor, Hats, Jewelry, Accessories). May have a specialty in one or more areas.
- Crafts Technician: Assists Senior Crafts Technician in the construction of all accessories or special costume projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Experience in a costume shop or related industry is desired for all positions. See each job for specific requirements.
- Draper: Must have experience in pattern making, draping and garment construction.
- First Hand: Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Technician: Must have machine and hand sewing experience.
- Wardrobe: Must have previous backstage experience.
- Assistant Costume Crafts Supervisor: Supervisory experience in costumes preferred.
- Senior Crafts Technician: May have a specialty in one or more areas.
- Crafts Technician: Previous costume craft or related skills preferred.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for at least three professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!