- 28-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- 35,000+ depending on experience and education
- Full Time
Serve as coordinator of the K12 Professional Development Office located within the College of Education and Family Development at Southern Utah University. The K12 coordinator will ensure that K12 Programs day to day operations are smoothly operating, and will report to the Program Director. This position will be a 11-month contract (negotiable); summer work will be required.
First consideration of applications will begin October 13, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Update K12 applications, forms, databases, website, and handbook as needed; coordinate the movement of existing paper forms online
2. Direct and supervise student workers
3. Coordinate with other service offices on SUU's campus
4. Encourage and review School District applications for professional development opportunities, find and train professional development adjuncts, create program folders, support student registration
5. Maintain professional development records and evaluation files, assist in preparing annual K12 reports, and ensure confidentiality of all secure information processed through the K12 Office
6. Help monitor and implement the new APPEL, APPEL-S, and SLPD professional development initiatives
7. Build courses in the Banner system
8. Work in collaboration with Department Chair of Teacher Education in facilitation, scheduling, and assessment of school district professional development programs
9. Maintain contact with existing partners and help onboard new partners
10. Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Experience utilizing Banner systems and familiarity with a variety of computer programs
2. Minimum of two years office experience; ability to communicate effectively with partners, staff, faculty, students, and administration; strong organizational skills
3. Possess strong organizational skills to perform tasks independently, requiring little supervision
5. Experience with K12 Partners or schools
6. Experience supervising and mentoring student workers
7. Bachelor's Degree
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for 3 Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!