- 23-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- $60,000+ Depending on experience
- Full Time
Southern Utah University is seeking qualified applicants for Assistant Professor of Nursing. This position will be either a tenure-track or non-tenure track depending on qualifications. Professors will assist in teaching classes, advising nursing students, and other duties associated with the Nursing program.
First Consideration Date for Applicants will be October 25, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach classroom, clinical nursing courses and online.
- Advise nursing students.
- Work effectively as a member of the Department of Nursing team.
- Serve on department, college and university committees.
- Other assignments as determined by department chair and dean.
- Teach in new MSN Leadership Program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Nursing Licensure in the state of Utah required.
- Teaching excellence in nursing at undergraduate level essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing or related filed required. Masters Degree in Nursing required.
- Teaching excellence in nursing at graduate level essential.
- Active scholarly and professional work.
- Service to University and community.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required; Doctorate in related field preferred.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter (please indicate which position you are applying for: tenured or non-tenured)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Contact Information for at least 3 Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts will be required if hired)
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!