- 30-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Assistant Volleyball coach for Southern Utah University. NCAA Division I volleyball program competing in the Big Sky Conference (moving to the WAC in July 2022). Position will remain open until filled
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated successful collegiate coaching and/or college or professional playing experience
- Recruiting coordination experience at the collegiate or club level preferred
- Must be able to comply with all Athletic Department, University, NCAA, and Conference policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Pass the yearly NCAA Division I Recruiting Certification Exam.
- Guide, mentor, and relate well to student-athletes.
- Have strong commitment to academic success of student-athletes.
- Commitment to support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Work non-traditional hours, both in-state and out-of-state including evenings, weekends and holidays for team travel and recruitment.
- Use compliance and recruiting software; i.e. Jumpforward, VolleyMetrics, Teamworks, etc.
- Create graphics and manage on-line content
Will require nights, weekends, some holidays and travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References
- Examples of previous work as it pertains to recruiting, organization, and communication skills are encouraged
Applicants must complete all applicable sections of the on-line application to be considered.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!