- 21-May-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Part Time
The person hired for this position will provide assistance to the classroom teacher for the transition class of children 30-36 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists lead teacher in Toddler Class with classroom activities and carrying out developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Work one on one with individual children. Facilitating activities to teach necessary skills to achieve outcomes.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities.
- Maintain a safe and healthy play environment by observing, monitoring and being involved in the toddler's play activities.
- Read to children.
- Communicate with toddlers' parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Set up classroom with toys and activities appropriate for the day and the children's goals.
- Keep classroom and toy room clean and organized.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Take over lead teacher responsibilities when she is absent, under the supervision of an appropriate staff member.
- Attend workshops, training, and/or staff meetings as directed.
- Perform additional job responsibilities as requested by the lead teacher.
- Assist the compliance personnel with filing and copies as needed, time permitting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous work with children with disabilities preferred.
- Must be able to work as a team and demonstrate adequate social skills in working with parents, and staff members.
- A history of dependability, organization skills, and initiative are required as demonstrated by two letters of recommendation.
Documents Required to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!