- 27-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- $45,000-$65,000, depending on experience
- Full Time
Proposed Job Description:
Southern Utah University (SUU) has a flight-training program that operates both rotor and fixed-wing aircraft. Applicants must have a valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) A&P license. Successful applicants will be performing preventive maintenance and repair on our fleet of aircraft and ground support equipment.
Proposed Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine inspections and troubleshooting, including airframe structures, engines, and aircraft systems in accordance with the applicable FAA requirements and recommendations
2. Come to work prepared and willing to help our team be successful
3. Remove and replace defective parts and functional testing
4. Utilize all tools necessary to properly complete any required task
5. Properly complete all required maintenance record entries in accordance with FAA regulations
6. Accurately record time worked on individual projects as required by SUU policy
7. Maintain a clean and neat work area adhering to all organizational policies and procedures
8. Properly interpret technical manuals, drawings, and blue prints
9. Tow, park, and clean aircraft
10. Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the management team
Education, Training and Skills:
1. Licensed A&P Mechanic
2. Basic computer skills
3. Basic communications skills
4. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
5. Ability to read and understand maintenance publications, blue prints, and wire diagrams
1. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
2. Required to climb a ladder
3. Must be able to work in a variety of climatic conditions
4. Must be able to bend, twist, sit, and stand for extended periods of time
Documents Needed to Apply:
Copy of Certifications/Licenses
Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!