- 27-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Part Time
The person hired for this position will hold a key position in the Early Intervention program as they serve children birth to three and their families. This person will administer assessments to determine eligibility for Early Intervention, make home visits to families on their caseload, and guide parents how to help their children in their development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a service coordinator to assigned Early Intervention families. Collaborates with all interested parties to develop an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) for each child who qualifies for services. Coordinates services, goals, and objectives.
2. Administers developmental assessments and screeners every 6 months to each child on his/her caseload. Analyze results and provide verbal and written reports including recommendations as required. Share information with individual families and team members.
3. Enter information in to the BTOTS system on each of the children on their caseload.
4. Provide developmental services to toddlers and families in their home or natural environment.
5. Provide support to parents, developing and maintaining a relationship with family members. Address family needs by providing education, information and resources. Tailor the family service plan to meet the individual needs of each family including culture and language.
6. Maintain effective working relationships with Early Intervention staff and related agencies. Accept other job-related assignments as assigned by the Early Intervention Program Manager.
7. Act in the best interest of the SUU Early Intervention Program and Southern Utah University at all times.
8. Attend workshops, training, and/or staff meetings as directed.
9. Obtain Utah State Baby Watch Credential within first 6 months of hire
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Previous work with children with disabilities preferred.
2. Bachelor's degree in an area associated with child development.
3. Must have a valid Utah driver's license, reliable transportation and be willing to use vehicle for professional use (mileage will be reimbursed).
4. Must have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification.
5. A history of dependability, organization skills, and initiative is required as demonstrated by two letters of recommendation
Sign Up For Job Alerts!